Denver Car Accident Attorneys
Have You Been Hurt in an Auto Crash?
Call (720) 845-7001 or Email Us for a Free Consultation
The Denver car accident lawyers at Burnham Injury Law are ready to discuss your crash and strategize with you to develop an effective game plan to position your claim for success.
As a results-driven law firm, Burnham Injury Law balances tenacity with compassion to guide clients through adversity as we help them secure the best possible outcomes. Our central goal is to provide superior, tenacious advocacy while guiding you towards success and your new beginning.
Don’t hesitate to contact us as soon as you are ready for answers about your potential claim and options. Until then, please continue exploring this page (and site) for more details about our esteemed practice and how our experience can make all the difference in your claim and recovery.
How to Determine Fault for a Car Wreck: Who Is Liable for My Car Accident?
Determining fault for a car accident will be critical to figuring out who is liable, as well as the available legal remedies for crash victims. When it’s time to make these fault determinations, reviewing the facts and evidence associated with the accident will be necessary.
Some examples of the evidence that can be helpful in liability determinations include:
- Police investigations and accident reports
- Crash scene photos
- Witness statements
- Various records, like cellphone records and vehicle maintenance records.
So You Know Exactly What to Do If a Crash Happens
While a Denver lawyer at Burnham Injury Law can review the evidence associated with your accident and help you figure out all parties who are liable for your wreck, the following are just some of the parties that can be liable for car crashes:
- Other motorists when their failure to abide by traffic laws and/or other reckless actions behind the wheel cause accidents
- Motor carriers when their commercial drivers play a role in causing wrecks
- Automakers and/or vehicle equipment manufacturers when faulty or defective vehicle equipment contributes to auto accidents.
Here, it’s critical to point out that:
- More than one party can be liable for a car accident. When multiple parties may be at fault, figuring out all liable parities will be important to holding them all accountable while maximizing the value of a claim.
- You can still be entitled to financial recovery even if you may have been partially at fault for an accident. In fact, if you are found to be no more than 49 percent at fault for a crash, you will still be entitled to financial recovery, according to Colorado law (however, the recovery will generally be reduced in proportion to the fault finding). This is because Colorado follows the modified comparative fault, 50 percent Bar Rule.
How Much Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
Car accident claims are intended to compensate crash victims for the harm, injuries and losses they have suffered as a direct result of the accident. As such, the nature of these recoveries will vary according to the specifics of a given accident (and its outcome).
You can more answers about the value of your claim during a free consultation with Burnham Injury Law. Generally, however, recoveries for car accident victims can include compensation for (and not necessarily exclusive to):
- Medical care, including damages for both previous and future treatments
- Property repairs
- Lost wages, including past and future lost earnings
- Mental suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs (when crashes have deadly outcomes).
These recoveries can never change the permanent losses caused by serious or fatal auto accidents. The compensation from these cases can, however, provide crucial financial help, allowing victims and families to rebuild and reclaim their lives.
Recovering from an Auto Crash: How an Attorney Can Help You
A Denver lawyer at Burnham Injury Law can provide the help, support and guidance you need to protect your rights and claim when it’s time to recover from a car accident. Some of the various types of auto accident claims we are skilled at favorably resolving include those involving:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving crashes, including those caused by motorists who were texting while driving
- Wrecks caused by uninsured or underinsured motorists
- Hit and runs.
While our attorneys always customize their service to fit our clients’ unique needs and cases, some of the various things we regularly do to help accident victims include:
- Evaluating the strength and value of their claims
- Clearly explaining their options, the claims process and the available legal remedies
- Conducting our own investigation and collecting all evidence necessary to build our clients the strongest claims possible
- Tirelessly advocating our clients’ rights and fighting to help them secure all of the compensation they deserve.
Let us tell you more about how our experience, insight and representation can help you set your car accident claim up for success.
Don’t Settle for Less in Your Claim or Legal Representation: Contact a Denver Car Accident Lawyer at Burnham Injury Law
If you have been hurt in any type of auto crash, contact a Denver car accident lawyer at Burnham Injury Law for a free consultation to find out more about your potential claim.
Call (720) 845-7001 or email our firm to start getting answers about your recovery options.
Strategic, aggressive, and experienced, our attorneys are skilled negotiators and elite trial attorneys who are focused on:
- Relentlessly protecting your rights and interests
- Clearly communicating with you about the status and progress of you case, as well as your options at every juncture
- Anticipating and overcoming the challenges that may arise in your case
- Preparing your case for litigation when necessary to achieve the best possible outcome
- Providing effective advocacy that empowers you and positions your claim for the maximum financial recovery.
Testimonials from our former clients affirm our dedication, as well as the efficacy of our representation and our record of success.
From multiple offices in Colorado, we are dedicated to providing exceptional counsel to clients throughout the Denver metro area and the state of Colorado.